[IPython-user] IPython in XEmacs now working on Windows

Pete Forman pete.forman at westerngeco.com
Fri Jan 26 07:49:27 CST 2007

Nicolas Pernetty <nicopernetty at yahoo.fr> writes:

 > About the pylab freeze it seems that i's a Tkinter+Python+(X)emacs
 > problem because I've managed to use matplotlib interactively in Xemacs
 > with WxAgg (wxPython) backend instead of TkAgg.

I've installed wxPython 2.8 unicode for Python 2.5 and its demo runs.
matplotlibrc now has backend: WxAgg.

However when I try to import pylab, or start IPython with -pylab, I
get an error that wxmsw26uh_vc.dll was not found.  (That is called
wxbase28uh_vc.dll now I guess.)  Is there a tweak available in
matplotlibrc or does it run deeper than that?
--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent