[IPython-user] IPython in XEmacs now working on Windows

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 15:23:57 CST 2007

On 1/25/07, Nicolas Pernetty <nicopernetty at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Ok I just want to add a command line option to IPython to inhibit
> readline related commands (like the \001 and \002 in colorANSI.py).
> As soon as one of the win32 gurus agrees for that, I'll work on it.

Great.  Ville, Jorgen?  I don't want to emit judgment on a patch which
I won't even be testing myself, since I don't run the platform.  I'll
leave this one up to you guys.

> About the pylab freeze it seems that i's a Tkinter+Python+(X)emacs
> problem because I've managed to use matplotlib interactively in Xemacs
> with WxAgg (wxPython) backend instead of TkAgg.
>
> It seems that Tkinter.Tk() starts a loop of some sort which cause Python
> in (X)emacs to hang :
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-November/412301.html

Odd.  It sounds like a win32-specific thing, it's certainly fine on
*nix (I do use it from time to time, though it's not my everyday
platform).