[IPython-user] IPython in XEmacs now working on Windows

Nicolas Pernetty nicopernetty at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 28 07:19:21 CST 2007

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:35:31 +0100, "Ville M. Vainio"
<vivainio at gmail.com> wrote :

> On 1/26/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 1/25/07, Nicolas Pernetty <nicopernetty at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>

> > > Ok I just want to add a command line option to IPython to inhibit
> > > readline related commands (like the \001 and \002 in
> > > colorANSI.py). As soon as one of the win32 gurus agrees for that,
> > > I'll work on it.
> >
> > Great.  Ville, Jorgen?  I don't want to emit judgment on a patch
> > which I won't even be testing myself, since I don't run the
> > platform.  I'll leave this one up to you guys.
>
> Too bad I can't comment on win32 stuff at the moment either; I'm still
> away from home (in Sweden) on a Linux-only laptop. I have one month to
> go, so someone else should review this stuff...

Another thing I'll have to inhibit is some pager stuff.
My understanding is that (X)emacs doesn't like subprocesses which
intercept keyboard interrupts directly.
For instance if I ask for help on 'plot' command in IPython : 'plot?'
and there isn't enough vertical space, I got the message "Press return
to continue or q to quit" and then I'm stuck without being able to do
anything.

So the future command line option will have to also inhibit the w32
stuff : 'page_more' in case os.name == "nt" in genutils.py line 1230

Regards,