[IPython-user] IPython in XEmacs now working on Windows

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 11:29:27 CST 2007

On 1/28/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/26/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 1/25/07, Nicolas Pernetty <nicopernetty at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>

> > > Ok I just want to add a command line option to IPython to inhibit
> > > readline related commands (like the \001 and \002 in colorANSI.py).
> > > As soon as one of the win32 gurus agrees for that, I'll work on it.
> >
> > Great.  Ville, Jorgen?  I don't want to emit judgment on a patch which
> > I won't even be testing myself, since I don't run the platform.  I'll
> > leave this one up to you guys.
>
> Too bad I can't comment on win32 stuff at the moment either; I'm still
> away from home (in Sweden) on a Linux-only laptop. I have one month to
> go, so someone else should review this stuff...

Oops, sorry.  You'd mentioned this a few weeks ago but I'd forgotten.

Nicolas: send the patch in, and we'll have a look at it regardless (we
can still read it and evaluate it as pure code).  Hopefully someone
else can help with testing it. If push comes to shove I'll set things
up under VMWare for a test myself (I can do it, it just takes me much
more time than for a regular win32 user since I don't have anything
set up in everyday use).