[IPython-user] wx and wxmsw32uh_vc.dll and wxPython

Gary Pajer gary.pajer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 14:40:42 CST 2007

I decided to upgrade to wx 2.8 from 2.6.  I chose the unicode version
of the WinXP installer.
This brought back the old can't find wxmsw32uh_vc.dll error which in
the past has been a sign that I hadn't installed the unicode version
of wx 2.6.  I would install the right one, and the error would go
away.

I also now get a deprecation warning about importing wxPython ...
import wx instead.

This all happens if I start from my usual Limited acct on WinXP.
Interestingly, if I start from my Administrator acct, ipython -pylab
starts up just fine.

I'm wondering if there's some old musty file in my Limited acct that
is being found on startup.

I wiped out \Username\_ipython\ipy_xxxxxxx.py, and reran %upgrade ...
that didn't help.  I tried to get rid of all vestiges of wx 2.6.  No
change.

both accounts appear to start by running
c:\Python24\Scripts\ipython.bat

Any pointers?

Thanks,
-gary