[IPython-user] Various questions re: IPython on Windows

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jul 20 13:07:58 CDT 2007

On 7/20/07, Robin Siebler <robinsiebler@321.net> wrote:
> > What's in your EDITOR variable?
> I don't have one.  It is launching notepad (well Notepad++ really)
>
> > Well, you do run sys.exit()...
> >
> >> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'clear_history'
> >
> > Do you have the latest pyreadline installed?
> pyreadline-1.4.4.win32.exe
>

> >> 3.  For pysh, if I try to use $var=cmd or $$var=cmd as shown in the docs,
> >> I get the following error:
> >>
> >> [Documents and Settings\rsiebler]|15> $foo = !dir
> >
> > It should be "foo = !dir", i.e. lose the $.
>
> Ok.  I guess the docs are Linuxcentric. :p

No, it's just that the $foo syntax is only activated in the 'pysh' old
profile, not in the newer 'sh' one:

IPython profile: pysh
fperez@planck[misc]|1> $foo = ls
fperez@planck[misc]|2> foo
                   <2> LSString (.p, .n, .l, .s available). Value:
addtest.txt
announce_ori.txt
announce.txt

etc.