[IPython-user] how to kill embedded ipython

dima Q dimaqq@gmail....
Mon Jul 30 10:45:53 CDT 2007

Hi

I'm trying to add ipython to a program where interactive interface is a very
small part - I use it mostly for debugging. I want to be able to add ipython
in such a way that when the program decides to exit (due to gui action or
network conditions), interactive interface exits too. I have ipython running
in another thread.

branch 1:
I found a function shell.IP.exit(), and setting conirm_exit=False,
however when I do
these, ipython thread waits in readline() before actually exiting

branch 2:
I set threading.Thread.setDaemon(True) on the thread where I run ipython,
however when thread program exits terminal is left in a broken state by
readline

Any suggestions how I could implement what I want here?