[IPython-user] Ipython on GNU Emacs 22.1 on Windows

Erskine, Allan allan.erskine@credit-suisse....
Tue Jun 12 15:22:04 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

Does anyone out there run IPython in GNU Emacs 22.1 on Windows?  Using the latest ipython.el and the latest python-mode.el from SVN, a basic ipython.bat file on my path, and with .emacs more or less as in the setup instructions.

I get the inferior shell up and running OK but with blanks in certain output, eg

python.exe -i C:\Python25\Scripts\ipython.py -i -colors LightBG

In [1]: help

In [2]: dir

In [3]: ls
 Volume in drive C is ... (works fine)

In [4]: for n in range(10):
   ...:     print n
   ...:
   ...:
0
1
2
... (works fine)

So in other words just the help, dir, and certain other magic commands seem to have blank output.  The colorization is a bit plain as well, compared to Console.

Anyone seen this kind of issue?

Many thanks, Allan