[IPython-user] log Ipython user interaction

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Mar 7 02:33:55 CST 2007

On 3/7/07, Frédéric Mantegazza <mantegazza@ill.fr> wrote:
> Le mercredi 7 mars 2007 09:13, Fernando Perez a écrit :
>
> > > Is there a way to log all the commands (and results) the user enter in
> > > a ipython shell? Is there a hook for that? We are using ipython
> > > 0.7.x...
> >
> > Type
> >
> > logstart?
> >
> > for the gory details.
>
> Great! Are there some hooks to directly connect this to a custom recorder,
> instead of the output file?
>
> I would also like to log the exceptions (traceback) returned by the command,
> if any. Is it possible?

Unfortunately the answer to both is currently no, but both are very
reasonable requests.  Please file tickets for each so we don't forget
them; the logging system will be one of the overhauled components next
month.