[IPython-user] Missing profile text output in file

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Mar 18 15:24:53 CDT 2007

Hi Paul,

On 2/26/07, Paul Smith <paul.smith@catugmt.com> wrote:

> After running the profiler in IPython on my program with;
>
> run -p -T profile.txt myprog.py
>

> the profile.txt file is created in the current directory, but is empty. The
> profile dump to the screen does end with
>
> *** Profile printout saved to text file 'profile.txt'. Can someone confirm
> if the file outputting still working?
>

> I'm using ipython 0.7.3, python 2.5, on Win XP

I see the problem: it's a bug with python2.5.  It works fine with 2.4
both under Windows and Linux, but something is wrong with 2.5 (I see
the problem under Linux).

I'll try to see if the issue can be fixed on the ipython side or if
it's a bug in python itself.