[IPython-user] IPython in XEmacs now working on Windows

Mike Krell mbk.lists@gmail....
Sun Mar 18 16:37:27 CDT 2007

On 3/18/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry for the ridiculously long delay here.  I just applied this patch
> with minimal modifications, as of r2152.
>
> Since we're trying to clean up the house for a release in a few weeks,
> please let us know of anything else regarding this matter that might
> need attention.

Hi gang.  As I've mentioned previously on this list, I'm very eager to
get this working on ntemacs (gnu emacs on windows).  I don't want to
be misled by the subject line of this thread, which mentions only
xemacs.  Has anyone verified the new functionality with ntemacs as
well?

If nobody has, I'll gladly volunteer to do this if someone can point
me to what I need.

I'm currently running ntemacs 22.0.92.1 (not officially released but
available as prebuilt binaries on the web).  For python mode, it uses
a file called python.el -- mine says it's version 22.1.

The latest release of ntemacs from gnu.org is 21.3.  I don't believe
the standard distribution comes with python support.  I used a file
called python-mode.el which says it's revision 4.70.

Is the xemacs on windows / ntemacs support supposed to be used with
python.el only,  python-mode.el only, or will either one work?  FWIW,
I believe python.el has more extensive python support.

I'm savvy enough to pull non-released files from svn, cvs, etc.
Recompiling C/C++ is a taller order, but not necessarily out of the
realm of possibility.

Let me know if / how I can help.

   Mike