[IPython-user] Windows installation issue

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Mar 18 18:07:09 CDT 2007

Hi Ken,

On 2/22/07, Riley, Ken <Ken_Riley@adp.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I'm sorry if this is an old problem. I searched with google and didn't find
> a problem + solution similar enough to mine for me to fix it.
>
> What happens is that the installation program goes to what appears to be the
> very end and then prints the message *** run_installscript: internal error
> 0xFFFFFFFF *** in the message portion of the dialog box and PostInstall
> script finished. Press the Finish button to exit the setup wizard.  I press
> the finish button, the installation program ends without any other error
> indications.

[...]

Did you have any luck on your own with this issue?  Everything you
list seems normal, and we haven't had any similar problems reported as
of late.

Can you successfully install other python packages?  I'm wondering if
your python installation itself has a problem, given the error
messages in your email.