[IPython-user] Custom command completers implemented in SVN

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Mar 18 22:34:50 CDT 2007

On 11/3/06, Stefan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 12:02:19AM -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:
> > On 11/1/06, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Basically, ever since the code has had the ability to close the quote
> > >mark on an unambiguous completion, it has worked this way.  This could
> > >be improved, but it would be /new/ functionality, not fixing a
> > >regression.  The analysis to do is to check whether the end of the
> > >completion is a filename or a non-empty directory.  If it's a
> > >filename, we can just close the quotes since nothing else can go after
> > >that, but if it's a non-empty directory, it's better to not close
> > >them.
> > >
> > >The implementation is easy.  I'm busy right now, but I might do it
> > >tonight if you want it.
> >
> > Done in r1872, let me know if you have any troubles.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to implement this.  One more problem, when
> autocompleting in a directory with only one subdirectory:
>
> mkdir -p /tmp/dir/sub
> fun('/tmp/di<tab>
>
> results in
>
> fun('/tmp/dir/sub'

I've "fixed" this: now the completion is only closed if the subdir is
actually empty.  If the single subdir contains multiple files itself,
then the completion doesn't close early.

This seems like reasonable behavior to me, please report any problems.