[IPython-user] Colorizing lines in debuggers and post-mortem

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Mar 19 17:23:04 CDT 2007

On 3/18/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please beat on this a little if you can, in case I missed something.
>
> The functionality is very nice :)

Rocky, it would be great if you could have a look at this.  I just
found your code has a problem.  This is one particular frame in some
of my code, from an actual traceback:

/home/fperez/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mwadap/Operator2.py in
_apply_boundary_2d(self, core, bound, in_coefs, row_key, idx)
   3077 boundary   = self.zero_block()
   3078 for m in idx:
-> 3079 core_m   = core[m]
   3080 boun_m   = bound[m]
   3081 c_r0     = core_m[r0]

As you can see, the code below the for loop is mis-indented.  The
left-most whitespace got swallowed away.

If you have a chance to fix this, please send a patch my way and I'll
put it in right away.  I /really/ like this new, fully highlighted
traceback/debugger, but we need to fix this particular problem.  I
won't be able to look into it for several days, so it would be great
if you can have a go at it.