[IPython-user] IPython in XEmacs now working on Windows

Nicolas Pernetty nicopernetty@yahoo...
Mon Mar 19 21:04:32 CDT 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:16:02 -0600, "Fernando Perez"
<fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote :
> > As promised here is the patch.
> > I basically did 3 things :
> > 1) Inhibit \001 and \002 in case we are on w32 AND emacs
> > 2) Inhibit getch() in case we are on w32 AND emacs
> > 3) Add 'ipython.bat' to 'Scripts' to help emacs find ipython.
> >
> > I'm open to any criticize so fell free to comment.
>
> sorry for the ridiculously long delay here.  I just applied this patch
> with minimal modifications, as of r2152.
>
> Since we're trying to clean up the house for a release in a few weeks,
> please let us know of anything else regarding this matter that might
> need attention.  I'm going through my inbox looking for anything I
> might have missed and making trac tickets for all issues I can't
> quickly take care of, but by all means yell now if you spot anything.

Hello,

I've reviewed the latest svn and there is just one error that Mike Krell
reported : in win32_manual_post_install.py line 93, I've forgot to add
a backslash just before ipython (\\Scripts\ipython instead of
\\Scripts\\ipython).

I'll test more extensively tomorrow though...

Thanks,