[IPython-user] IPython in XEmacs now working on Windows

Nicolas Pernetty nicopernetty@yahoo...
Mon Mar 19 21:10:12 CDT 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:37:27 -0700, "Mike Krell" <mbk.lists@gmail.com>
wrote :

> On 3/18/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> > sorry for the ridiculously long delay here.  I just applied this
> > patch with minimal modifications, as of r2152.
> >
> > Since we're trying to clean up the house for a release in a few
> > weeks, please let us know of anything else regarding this matter
> > that might need attention.
>
> Hi gang.  As I've mentioned previously on this list, I'm very eager to
> get this working on ntemacs (gnu emacs on windows).  I don't want to
> be misled by the subject line of this thread, which mentions only
> xemacs.  Has anyone verified the new functionality with ntemacs as
> well?
>
> If nobody has, I'll gladly volunteer to do this if someone can point
> me to what I need.

Get the latest svn release from here with svn :
svn co http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/ipython/trunk ipython

I think you'll need python-mode.el (>=4.79) and the ipython.el shipped
with ipython (currently revision 2154).

Run "python setup.py install"
You don't have to compile anything at all.

I'll hope that it'll work with NTemacs and will try to help if
possible...

Regards,