[IPython-user] Autoindentation in emacs

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Mar 20 02:00:55 CDT 2007

On 3/19/07, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, skip@pobox.com wrote:
>
> > (Where do I find Emacs 22/23?  I didn't see them on the various GNU
> > mirrors I checked.)
>
> It's not yet released.  Some crazy people like me have been running the
> emacs-snapshot-gtk package in Debian for a year and a half now with
> minimal problems, though. (-:

Same here.  From my sources.list:

# Peardrop repository - Support for XFT Emacs
# Get the GPG Key with:
# wget http://debs.peadrop.com/DD385D79.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

deb http://debs.peadrop.com edgy backports
deb-src http://debs.peadrop.com edgy backports

###

The XFT support was what finally made me abandon XEmacs and switch to
this plain Emacs.  The hideous old-style X fonts of XEmacs were really
beginning to grate me, and with the  newest distributions, less and
less fonts were of that kind, so it was actually getting worse in
*absolute* terms (not just relative to the nice modern fonts in all
other apps).

After a couple of hours fixing my .emacs config, I'm happy as a clam
and haven't had any real stability problems at all.