[IPython-user] Windows installation issue

Nicolas Pernetty nicopernetty@yahoo...
Tue Mar 20 13:00:45 CDT 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:07:09 -0600, "Fernando Perez"
<fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote :

> > I'm sorry if this is an old problem. I searched with google and
> > didn't find a problem + solution similar enough to mine for me to
> > fix it.
> >
> > What happens is that the installation program goes to what appears
> > to be the very end and then prints the message ***
> > run_installscript: internal error 0xFFFFFFFF *** in the message
> > portion of the dialog box and PostInstall script finished. Press
> > the Finish button to exit the setup wizard.  I press the finish
> > button, the installation program ends without any other error
> > indications.
>
> [...]
>
> Did you have any luck on your own with this issue?  Everything you
> list seems normal, and we haven't had any similar problems reported as
> of late.
>
> Can you successfully install other python packages?  I'm wondering if
> your python installation itself has a problem, given the error
> messages in your email.

I can second this one : I had exactly the same error but I hit 'Ignore'
and it doesn't seems to affect anything so far.
Since then I was using the svn version with 'python setup.py install'
without problem so maybe it has been fixed then...
We'll have to test the .exe version to see if it's still here...

Regards,