[IPython-user] IPython in XEmacs now working on Windows

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Mar 21 02:00:12 CDT 2007

On 3/20/07, Nicolas Pernetty <nicopernetty@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:43:16 -0600, "Fernando Perez"
> <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote :
> > > I've reviewed the latest svn and there is just one error that Mike
> > > Krell reported : in win32_manual_post_install.py line 93, I've
> > > forgot to add a backslash just before ipython (\\Scripts\ipython
> > > instead of \\Scripts\\ipython).
> >
> > Fixed in SVN.
> >
> > As suggested by Asheesh, I just updated all those to use raw strings
> > (we already had that in the registry key strings).  For win32 paths
> > and regexps,  using raw strings consistently is just less error prone
> > in the long run.
> >
> > Keep pounding on it and report any problems...
>
> Ok here is another on :
> In ColorAnsi.py line 83 you have to replace :
> if os.name == 'nt' and os.environ.get('TERM','dumb') != 'emacs':
> by
> if os.name == 'nt' and os.environ.get('TERM','dumb') == 'emacs':

Oops, my typo.  I flipped the logic in that statement to make the code
more readable and inadvertently didn't change the second condition; I
thought I'd done both.  Fixed now, thanks for catching it.

cheers,