[IPython-user] Colorizing lines in debuggers and post-mortem

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Mar 22 02:16:59 CDT 2007

On 3/22/07, R. Bernstein <rocky@panix.com> wrote:
> I've been out of town the last week or so and will be out another week
> or so.
>
> I'll look at this when I get back and have a chance. A guess is that
> leading indentation should be respected. When you don't have total
> context of the program one can't make assumptions about what the
> indentation should be. But it's just a guess, without having looked at
> the code (and not having the time to do so right now).

Thanks.  Yes, leading indentation should always be left alone.
Basically the highlighting code should return the original input with
colors, but otherwise unmodified.

I'll try to fix it myself if I can.  I made a ticket (blocker for
0.7.4) on this issue to make sure it doesn't slip:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/ticket/131

Regards,