[IPython-user] IDE with IPython

Dieter vel.accel@gmail....
Wed Mar 28 04:15:59 CDT 2007

On 3/28/07, Frédéric Mantegazza <mantegazza@ill.fr> wrote:
> Le mardi 27 mars 2007 20:49, vel.accel@gmail.com a écrit :
>
> > Is Qonsole available for Qt4?
>
> Not yet.
>
> > If not, do you know if there are any plans for it?
>
> As pyqonsole is officially packaged for debian, I think it will be. Did you
> try it with Qt4? It may already work, as it uses very standard Qt
> widgets...
>
> > On the Eric ide mail list, I asked about the IPython integration
> > question and someone replied saying that Qonsole would not likely be
> > developed for Qt4 .
>
> Whe answered that? Some from Logilab?
>
> --
>    Frédéric

He says he asked the developer....? see below...

____MY QUERY AND THE REPLY FROM THE ERIC MAIL LIST____

> I'm am very interested to know your thoughts on the possibility of
> integrating IPython into Eric through PyQConsole. Do you think that
> this would be something you might do in the near future?
>
> Pasted below, is a recent post from the IPython mail list, mentioning
> the desire from others in the community.
>
>-Dieter

Hi Dieter,
I recently asked similar question about PyQonsole integration, but
unfortunatly, PyQonsole was designed for Qt3 and has no plan for Qt4
port (I've asked the question myself to devlopper)
I'm afraid this project will have to wait a little...
++
Jul.