[IPython-user] pyreadline unicode updates

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@bostream...
Fri Nov 9 14:53:57 CST 2007

Hi,

I have done some more fixes to get the unicode patch to pyreadline to
work. The latest fixes were made to get filename completion to work in
ipython when filenames contain non-ascii characters.

Since the completer function returns str characters to pyreadline we
need to assume an encoding on these characters. Currently I assume the
encoding to be the same as for all other conversion i.e.
sys.stdout.encoding by default. This can be overridden by setting:
pyreadline.unicode_helper.pyreadline_codepage to the desired codepage.

Please try it out and report any problems.

/Jörgen