[IPython-user] how to use ipython in xemacs on winxp

Pete Forman pete.forman@westerngeco....
Mon Nov 19 05:26:31 CST 2007

wang frank <fw3@hotmail.co.jp> writes:

 > I am struggling to make the ipython works with xemacs on winxp. I
 > have been searching in the internet and follwoing these
 > instrucitons but still it does not work.
 >
 > My ipython version is 0.8.1 and python-mode is 4.76. Xemacs is
 > version 22.1. When I type M-x load library ipython, emacs responses
 > it is done. then I type M-x py-shell, xemacs opens a python
 > window. but without start the ipython. So I coulde not do
 > anything. If I quit the xemacs, it will say an active process is
 > still running do you want to kill?
 >
 > Does anyone have successuffly use ipython in xemacs? If so could
 > you share your procedure with me?

In ~/.xemacs/init.el:

(setq ipython-command "d:/Program Files/Python25/Scripts/ipython.bat")
(require `ipython)

In ~/.xemacs/custom.el, i.e. set with customize:

(py-python-command-args '("-pylab" "-colors" "LightBG"))

Then I start it with M-x py-shell, or its binding C-c ! in a python
file's buffer.

python-mode 4.79
ipython 1851 (0.7.3 I think)
XEmacs 21.5.17
Windows XP SP2
Python 2.5.1
--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent