[IPython-user] how to use ipython in xemacs on winxp

Pete Forman pete.forman@westerngeco....
Wed Nov 21 11:26:52 CST 2007

wang frank <fw3@hotmail.co.jp> writes:

 > the ipython.bat contains:
 > c:\python25\python c:\python25\scripts\ipython.py

My ipython.bat has an extra -i option for python, and accepts args for
ipython.  It's on one line, split for posting:

"d:\Program Files\Python25\python.exe" -i
  "d:\Program Files\Python25\Scripts\ipython" %*

The ipython file referenced there was installed by IPython I think.
Its two lines of code are:

import IPython
IPython.Shell.start().mainloop()

IPython need to be started early, starting it from within an already
active Python shell does not work.

 > Where did you get the python-mode.el version 4.79? I can only find
 > the verion 4.75.

I've already answered this, SF SVN.  IIRC you need an up to date
python-mode.el for ipython.el to work.
--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent