[IPython-user] how to use ipython in xemacs on winxp

wang frank fw3@hotmail.co...
Wed Nov 21 10:30:45 CST 2007

Hi, Fernando,

Thank you very much for the great work and quick response.

Window is a strange OS, but unfortunately a lot of people stuck with it for different reasons. Are there anyway that I can debug my setup to find out why it is not working properly?

Also, python works fine in winXP. Maybe this will provide some hint for you.

Thanks

Frank> Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:59:58 -0700> From: fperez.net@gmail.com> To: fw3@hotmail.co.jp> Subject: Re: [IPython-user] how to use ipython in xemacs on winxp> CC: pete.forman@westerngeco.com; ipython-user@scipy.net> > On Nov 20, 2007 11:25 PM, wang frank <fw3@hotmail.co.jp> wrote:> >> > Hi, Pete,> >> > Thanks for trying to help. With ipython 0.8.1 and py-mode 4.75. I could not> > load ipython into xemacs and emacs. The ipyhthon commad does not show up. So> > I first run python shell and inside python shell I type:> >> > execfile("path\ipython.py")> >> > This at least shows the ipython command with strange character. The I type> > %colors NoColor, the ipython In[] command prompt will show up. But the Out[]> > prompt does not show up. If I type pwd command the output is empty. Command> > ls will generate the directory contents.> >> > I have to gave up ipython running in emacs. I have spend 3 days googling> > around and ask for help. I just do not know why this is so difficult.> > ipython is a gread tool but I could not to use it.> >> > If the new ipython in svn works, is it possible to release to users?> > I'm afraid that given my ignorance of all things win32 and the lack of> a regular working setup for the OS I won't be able to help you here> beyond what Pete had done. I understand your frustration, and I'd> love to have a solution for you, but unfortunately I don't. I happen> to regularly use ipython inside Emacs, but under Linux only, and I'm> at a loss to figure out what can be the problem in your case.> > However, at least we can help with that last question: after a bunch> of travel/family stuff I'm back to a more regular schedule and would> like to get a release out the door ASAP. I'll be sending a separate> email to the -dev list about it, but you can expect a release of> 0.8.2 soon. I'll make a test build of the current code for all> platforms tomorrow, and we'll coordinate with everyone else to get the> official release made shortly.> > Sorry again to hear of your problems. Hopefully someone will come up> with the magic combo to address the issue and we'll be then able to> document it for future users, in case there was something specific> about your configuration that was preventing things from working.> > Cheers,> > f