[IPython-user] IPython 0.8.2 and PyReadline 1.5, getting ready for release...

Noah Gift noah.gift@gmail....
Sat Nov 24 13:51:43 CST 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 2:26 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2007 11:29 AM, Noah Gift <noah.gift@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So far I like %doctest_mode
> >
> > It is a good start, nice work!!  No other weirdness I have noticed,
> > other than a simple user error problem, of not knowing how to get a
> > four space tab to work when I define a function:
> >
> > def function:
> >
> > I am sure this is user error, but I am stuck with doing four spaces,
> > as a tab will automatically try to autocomplete.
>
> Two things:
>
> 1. why do you need the explicit tab in the above case?  Is the
> auto-indenting not working for you?  That would certainly qualify as a
> bug.

It appears auto-indention is not working for me.  Here is a default session:

[ngift@Macintosh-6][H:10426][J:0]> ipython
Leopard libedit detected.
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Oct  5 2007, 21:08:09)

IPython 0.8.2.svn.r2848 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

In [1]: def func():
   ...:

when I define a function it does not auto-indent.