[IPython-user] "Internal Python error in the inspect module" when a zipped egg raises an exception

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Nov 25 00:20:05 CST 2007

On May 12, 2007 10:04 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/11/07, Jouni K. Seppänen <jks@iki.fi> wrote:
> > I installed simplejson using easy_install, and then tried to test it.
> > Here's what happens when you give it malformed input (full transcript
> > at end of message):
>
> Great, finally a consistently reproducible test case for this
> long-standing problem.  Thanks!
>
> I'll get on it as soon as I find a minute.

Well, I'm not sure when, but this problem seems to be finally fixed:

In [1]: import simplejson

In [2]: simplejson.loads('')
ValueError                                Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/fperez/<ipython console> in <module>()

/home/fperez/build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/simplejson/__init__.py in
loads(s, encoding, cls, object_hook, **kw)

/home/fperez/build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/simplejson/decoder.py in
decode(self, s, _w)

/home/fperez/build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/simplejson/decoder.py in
raw_decode(self, s, **kw)

ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

In [3]:

Now errors in traceback building (such as those from building a
traceback out of an egg) don't totally obliterate your traceback, and
you still get something useful (if less complete, since the source is
inside the egg).