[IPython-user] pyreadline errors with 0.8.2.rc1

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Nov 26 12:37:59 CST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 10:33 AM, Jesus Aguillon <jesus@aguillon.com> wrote:
> I have downloaded 0.8.2 rc1 and pyreadline 1.5  from
> http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/
>
> I am seeing the following errors when I start IPython:
>
> ====================================
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind: "tab-insert"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "reverse-search-history"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "forward-search-history"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "history-search-backward"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "history-search-forward"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "history-search-backward"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "history-search-forward"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind: "kill-line"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "unix-line-discard"
> Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr 18 2007, 08:51:08) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
>
> IPython 0.8.2.rc1 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
> ?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
> %quickref -> Quick reference.
> help      -> Python's own help system.
>  object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

> I'm on Windows XP SP2.

OK, many thanks for the test report.  I'll try to look into it tonight
at home if I can, but if Jorgen, Ville or anyone else with a proper
WinXP setup can help, that would be fantastic.

I consider this a showstopper report, until we understand what the
problem is, so until we can sort it out, let's put the actual release
on hold.