[IPython-user] pyreadline errors with 0.8.2.rc1

Jesus Aguillon jesus@aguillon....
Mon Nov 26 14:53:19 CST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 12:09 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2007 7:33 PM, Jesus Aguillon <jesus@aguillon.com> wrote:
> > I have downloaded 0.8.2 rc1 and pyreadline 1.5  from
> > http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/
> >
> > I am seeing the following errors when I start IPython:
>

> > ====================================
> > pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind: "tab-insert"

> I don't get this error. Try deleting all IPython and pyreadline
> versions from site packages, then with no _ipython directory.
>
> --
> Ville M. Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
> blog=360.yahoo.com/villevainio - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'

Thanks for the reply,

I am still getting the same errors:

I deleted pyreadline and Ipython from site-packages.  I also did an
Add/Remove programs.

I then deleted the _ipython directory from Documents and settings and then
reinstalled pyreadline 1.5 and ipython 0.8.2rc1.
The following is what I got:

Welcome to IPython. I will try to create a personal configuration directory
where you can customize many aspects of IPython's functionality in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jesus Aguillon\_ipython
Initializing from configuration
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\IPython\UserConfig

Successful installation!

Please read the sections 'Initial Configuration' and 'Quick Tips' in the
IPython manual (there are both HTML and PDF versions supplied with the
distribution) to make sure that your system environment is properly
configured
to take advantage of IPython's features.

Important note: the configuration system has changed! The old system is
still in place, but its setting may be partly overridden by the settings in
"~/.ipython/ipy_user_conf.py" config file. Please take a look at the file
if some of the new settings bother you.

Please press <RETURN> to start IPython.
pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind: "tab-insert"
pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
"reverse-search-history"
pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
"forward-search-history"
pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
"history-search-backward"
pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
"history-search-forward"
pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
"history-search-backward"
pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
"history-search-forward"
pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind: "kill-line"
pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
"unix-line-discard"
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr 18 2007, 08:51:08) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]

IPython 0.8.2.rc1 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

====