[IPython-user] Still problems with Ctrl+C and threads in ipython 0.8 ?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Nov 27 04:58:41 CST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 2:18 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> > KeyboardInterrupt - Press <Enter> to continue.
> >
> > Is this a know issue ?
>
> Yes, unfortunately.  Basically, we may still have a lurking race
> condition in that code that makes it possible for the signal to end up
> in the wrong thread.  Cross-thread signal handling in python isn't

Also, I frequently get crash tracebacks on KeyboardInterrupt. It's
probably the only defect that keeps coming up on crash logs these
days. For example, now I got:

 1487                     self.readline_startup_hook(self.pre_readline)
   1488             else:
   1489                 prompt = self.outputcache.prompt1
   1490             try:
-> 1491                 line = self.raw_input(prompt,more)
        line = 'exit()'
        self.raw_input = <bound method InteractiveShell.raw_input of
<IPython.iplib.InteractiveShell object at 0x808520c>>
        prompt = <IPython.Prompts.Prompt1 instance at 0x832f88c>
        more = None
   1492                 if self.autoindent:
   1493                     self.readline_startup_hook(None)
   1494             except KeyboardInterrupt:
   1495                 self.write('\nKeyboardInterrupt\n')
   1496                 self.resetbuffer()

And the exception was KeyboardInterrupt. It just isn't caught properly.