[IPython-user] pyreadline errors with 0.8.2.rc1

Jesus Aguillon jesus@aguillon....
Tue Nov 27 15:55:01 CST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 1:25 PM, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson@bostream.nu>
wrote:

> Jesus Aguillon skrev:
> > I have downloaded 0.8.2 rc1 and pyreadline 1.5  from
> > http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/
> >
> > I am seeing the following errors when I start IPython:
> >
> > ====================================
> > pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind: "tab-insert"
> > pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> > "reverse-search-history"
> > pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> > "forward-search-history"
> > pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> > "history-search-backward"
> > pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> > "history-search-forward"
> > pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> > "history-search-backward"
> > pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> > "history-search-forward"
> > pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind: "kill-line"
> > pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> > "unix-line-discard"
>

> I'm also unable to reproduce this error.
> To narrow things down a bit could you replace your ipy_user_conf.py with
> the attached one and try again? What errors do you see?
>
> /Jorgen
>
> import IPython.rlineimpl as readline
> readline.parse_and_bind('"\C-r": reverse-search-history')

I assume that the ip_user_conf.py file I replace is the one in "Documents
and Settings"?  I replaced that one with the two lines above.
(I also renamed the one in C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\IPython\UserConfig
just to be sure that one wasn't being used).

I got the following output:

[...]
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr 18 2007, 08:51:08) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]

IPython 0.8.2.rc1 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

In [1]:

I also tried the two lines in the interactive Python interpreter and got:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jesus Aguillon>python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr 18 2007, 08:51:08) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32