[IPython-user] pyreadline errors with 0.8.2.rc1

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@bostream...
Wed Nov 28 13:18:28 CST 2007

Jesus Aguillon skrev:

> I assume that the ip_user_conf.py file I replace is the one in
> "Documents and Settings"?  I replaced that one with the two lines above.
> (I also renamed the one in
> C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\IPython\UserConfig just to be sure that
> one wasn't being used).

yes that was the intention

> I got the following output:
>
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "reverse-search-history"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind: "tab-insert"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "reverse-search-history"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "forward-search-history"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "history-search-backward"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "history-search-forward"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "history-search-backward"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "history-search-forward"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind: "kill-line"
> pyeadline parse_and_bind error, unknown function to bind:
> "unix-line-discard"

Do you have any other configuration files? The intention of the short
ipy_user_conf.py file was that there should only be one call to
parse_and_bind.

Michael Graz says he sees this problem when using vi mode are you also
using vi mode? If yes where do you enable vi mode?

/Jörgen