[IPython-user] scrollback editing bug under OSX 10.5

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Nov 28 16:48:46 CST 2007

Hi Chris,

On Nov 28, 2007 3:31 PM, Chris Fonnesbeck <listservs@mac.com> wrote:
> I am using ipython build from svn on OSX 10.5 (Leopard), but am
> running into an editing bug when I scroll back to previous commands.

Unfortunately we're aware of lingering readline-related problems with
Leopard.  I hope to have access to a Leopard machine in the next week
or so.  In the meantime, if you (or anyone else) have a patch, we'll
be happy to incorporate it.

> It is best illustrated in this short video of the problem:
>
> http://idisk.mac.com/fonnesbeck-Public/ipython.mov
>
> As you will see, the cursor disappears, and lines end up above the command line.

Nothing I have access to on Linux (at least on Feisty) can play that
format, I'm afraid.