[IPython-user] scrollback editing bug under OSX 10.5

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Nov 29 11:06:42 CST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 8:18 AM, Stephen Uhlhorn <stephenlists@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 6:41 PM, Steve Lianoglou <lists.steve@arachnedesign.net> wrote:
>
> > I too am running Leopard and I'm not having this problem,
> > IPython.__version__ gives ''0.8.2.svn.r2841'
>
> FYI- I've had several strange readline problems on Leopard too,and
> they are not just limited to ipython. I've also seen strangeness while
> working in a straight bash shell that is manipulating very long path
> names, ie- path names that wrap more than 1 line in the terminal
> window.
>
> I'm hoping a workaround can be found in ipython, but I suspect this is
> going to require an update from apple.

Thanks for the info.   While it's bad news in general, it's good for
us in the sense that it may not be entirely our fault.

It seems that people who install the MacPython one are OK, is that
confirmed?  Does the MacPython one link to GNU readline and the python
readline.c instead of the enhanced libedit in Leopard?