[IPython-user] scrollback editing bug under OSX 10.5

Justin C. Walker justin@mac....
Thu Nov 29 13:12:52 CST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Fernando Perez wrote:

> Hi Barry,
>
> [ replying on-list so others know ]
>
> On Nov 29, 2007 10:27 AM, Barry Wark <barrywark@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The MacPython framework build (or build from the MacPython source)
>> does use GNU readline/readline.c and has correct behavior in Leopard,
>> at least on my machine (10.5.1).
>
> Thanks for confirming this.  We'll put this info on the release notes.
>  I was going to upload the release code now, but the scipy.org server
> seems down (at least Apache is, I can still connect via SSH or svn)
> which means we're on hold for a bit.

FWIW, I always rename "/usr/lib/libreadline*" out of the way, for
each new install/update.

I have never understood what the point of the Apple readline hack is,
but it's a real pain, and borders on a bug.  For those with the
energy, I would file a bug with Apple's bugreporter (I have, a while
back: rdar://4521010, marked as a dup of another bug).

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Director