[IPython-user] New slides on ipython for interactive parallel work, from Bill Spotz

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Nov 30 17:26:01 CST 2007

Hi all,

Bill Spotz, from Sandia National Lab, was kind enough to provide us
with his slides on using ipython to interactively control codes that
rely on the Trilinos large-scale parallel solvers
(http://trilinos.sandia.gov/).  Bill leads the effort for making these
available to Python.  His slides are here:

http://ipython.scipy.org/talks/Trilinos-IPython.pdf

I've made links both on our main documentation page as well as the
parallel computing one.

As he mentions in his slides, at SciPy'07 it took the three of us
(Bill, Brian and myself) about 10 minutes of actual ipython work to
get his pytrilinos code working with ipython1.  We'd spent maybe an
hour before that, but on the download/build of trilinos itself, which
is a very large library and takes a while to build on my (old, slow)
laptop.

Thanks a lot, Bill!