[IPython-user] dumb question on installing ipython1

David Strozzi david.strozzi@gmail....
Sun Oct 7 14:17:30 CDT 2007

Hi,

Thanks.  I guess my fear is that since all my other python packages are in
/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages    [no local]
maybe something will get confused.  I took your advice nonetheless,
and 'trial ipython1' passes all tests.

My next dumb question is, when I run ipython, how do I know if it's
using the ipython1 core/kernel?  As a normal user, from the prompt I
can run ipython, I get "IPython 0.8.2....".  There's no ipython1 on my
paths.

Thanks again,
Dave