[IPython-user] dumb question on installing ipython1

LUK ShunTim shuntim.luk@polyu.edu...
Mon Oct 8 09:29:51 CDT 2007

David Strozzi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks.  I guess my fear is that since all my other python packages are in
> /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages    [no local]
> maybe something will get confused.  I took your advice nonetheless,
> and 'trial ipython1' passes all tests.
>
> My next dumb question is, when I run ipython, how do I know if it's
> using the ipython1 core/kernel?  As a normal user, from the prompt I
> can run ipython, I get "IPython 0.8.2....".  There's no ipython1 on my
> paths.
>
> Thanks again,
> Dave

Hello Dave,

Ipython1 != ipython. :-) I'm learning it by using it for parallel
computing. It's still a work in progress I believe. If you want the
interactive python shell, install ipython instead.

Regards,
ST