[IPython-user] dumb question on installing ipython1

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Mon Oct 8 11:10:24 CDT 2007

ipython and ipython1 are separate downloads and installs.  Here are
the details of the full installation:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/browser/ipython/branches/saw/INSTALL

When you type ipython at the command line, you are getting regular old
IPython (just the enhanced interactive shell).  The ipython1 stuff is
a separate import.  See this page for more details on basic usage of
ipython1:

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Parallel_Computing_With_IPython1

Let me know how it goes.

Brian