[IPython-user] Configuring the pager

Paul Moore p.f.moore@gmail....
Sat Oct 13 06:15:08 CDT 2007

On 13/10/2007, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> Setting the PAGER environment variable to the command you want to use
> should do the trick.  The code that gets the pager is in genutils.py:
[...]
> So if you set PAGER to anything that reasonably behaves like a pager,
> ipython will honor that.

Excellent, thanks. On Windows, I tend not to like setting generic
environment variables like EDITOR, PAGER, etc, globally, but I can
certainly use a little wrapper script.

If I get to the point where I understand IPython internals well
enough, would you be willing to accept a patch that checks a config
option if PAGER isn't set?

Paul.