[IPython-user] profile question

Ryan James rgjames@ucdavis....
Sat Oct 13 13:30:48 CDT 2007

you can create a new profile and set the option pylab_import_all to 0.
assuming you want pylab in the namespace, just import pylab before scipy
in the profile.  that will import all the stuff you want, in the order
you want, but still have it set up to handle the gui stuff properly.

on a vaguely related note, i noticed that ipy_user_conf.py is executed
after ipy_profile_*.py files when using a profile.  why is this?  it
would seem to me that user_conf should be executed first to set up the
general global settings i like across all profiles, and then if any
particular profile needed a special tweak i could put it in there and
override.  with user_conf executed second, it forced all behavior in
there.  example being if i generally don't like autocall on, but in my
shell profile i'd like it to be set to 2.  in that case i'd have to set
autocall in all my profiles just to ensure that the proper value got
set.

-ryan