[IPython-user] win32: ctrl + break exits IPython immediately

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Sep 7 12:34:16 CDT 2007

On 9/7/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this issue appeared with my new work computer (py 2.5.1,
> winxp). Ctrl + c is an ok keyboardinterrupt, ctrl + break exits
> IPython immediately with no crash reports or anything.
>
> Please try it on your win32 box and report back.

I don't really know win32 signals, but it may be akin to a 'kill -9'
under *nix, which is also uncatchable.  If that's the case, there's
really nothing we can do, since that signal (the -9 under *nix) is
directly handled by the OS kernel, without giving the process a chance
to do anything at all.