[IPython-user] strange issues...

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Fri Sep 7 13:48:23 CDT 2007

On 9/7/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> We really need to commit to not producing code that isn't
> consistently, cleanly documented in an easy to find way for users,
> that's also easy to maintain for developers (and for users to
> contribute to, as well).
>
> Should we make it  post 0.8.2 a priority to solve the documentation problem?

Definitely.

We should try the "lyx => save as docbook => convert to ReST" route.

If that doesn't work out, we'll update the lyx document. However, I
think the cookbook is a good place to document many features, users
should just be steered there.

Could you add a note in the manual that it's not up to date in 0.8.2,
and refer to the wiki for "latest information"? And recommend
%quickref.

Of course the stuff described in manual pretty much works, it just
doesn't have the optimal methods for everything.