[IPython-user] using ipython with emacs 22

David Strozzi david.strozzi@gmail....
Sun Sep 16 11:20:40 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to setup a nice environment for doing scientific computing
via python/numpy/scipy on linux (in particular opensuse).  I am a big
emacs fan, and want to use ipython within emacs 22.

Is there a "preferred" way to do this?

It seems there are two pieces to the question:

1. emacs python mode - emacs 22 comes with a shiny new python mode,
and there's also the separate python-mode.el.

2. ipython.el - the top of this file says it works w/ emacs 21,
doesn't mention 22.  Does it?

Thanks,
Dave