[IPython-user] using ipython with emacs 22

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen@laposte....
Mon Sep 17 01:26:01 CDT 2007

On 16.09.2007, at 18:20, David Strozzi wrote:

> 1. emacs python mode - emacs 22 comes with a shiny new python mode,
> and there's also the separate python-mode.el.
>
> 2. ipython.el - the top of this file says it works w/ emacs 21,
> doesn't mention 22.  Does it?

Yes. However, as far as I know it does not work with the Python mode
that comes with Emacs. ipython.el is made for the "traditional"
python-mode.el available from

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-mode/

Being a long-time Python/Emacs user, I am used to that one anyway, so
I am rather happy that ipython works with it as well.

Konrad.