[IPython-user] no readline tab completion in leopard

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Sep 20 16:43:04 CDT 2007

Yongjian Xu wrote:
> I installed the latest stable 0.8.1 on leopard but for some reason,
> ipython does not have tab completion anymore. All tabs key strokes are
> sending the real tabs instead of command completion... Anyone knows how
> to fix it? The underlie shell (bash, zsh, etc) works just fine though...

Do you have the readline module installed? In the past, the Python that comes
with Mac OS X has not had it. In any case, I recommend using the Python binary
that comes from www.python.org instead of the one from the OS.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."