[IPython-user] [IPython-dev] Twisted 8...

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Tue Apr 1 23:58:05 CDT 2008

I figured it would mostly "just work".  I wouldn't even worry about
the failure and error.  The error is a particularly nasty one that
probably only appears sometimes.  I can look into it at some point.
The failure is something in the new daemon that Min is working on - it
is possible that the test simply doesn't pass right now.

The bigger thing that we need to decide is what to do with
twisted.web2.  Currently we ship a hacked version of it in
ipython1.externals.  We use it for the notebook and other http
protocols related things.  I don't like shipping it like this, but
given its state, I am not sure we have any other options.  Minimally,
we will have to update the version of web2 that we provide to the
current trunk, so things work with Twisted 8.0

But, let's make a branch for Twisted 8.0 related stuff.  We would also
need to update documentation things and the setupext stuff.

Brian