[IPython-user] from __future__ import division

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Apr 2 15:09:56 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Olivier Verdier <zelbier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Aaargh! It doesn't work on my version (svn rev r2408). Thanks a lot
>  anyway. I will try to get a new version of IPython installed in the
>  labs.
>
>  Do you folk think that there could be another possibility to fix this
>  on older versions of IPython?

I'm not sure if this works in older versions, but it's something to
try anyway (it works in bzr):

- Create divi.ipy with contents:

from __future__ import division

- Start ipython with "ipython -i divi.ipy"

You can also try omitting the -i switch.