[IPython-user] merge ipython1-twisted8?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Apr 3 18:28:25 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Barry Wark <barrywark@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, I'm a little slow. FYI (for the list archives),
>  http://launchpad.net/~ipython gives a very different interface. Stick
>  with launchpad.net/ipython. Oops.

Just as a clarification (it also tripped me at the beginning), in launchpad:

1. /~ipython -> The 'IPython team'
2. /ipython -> The IPython code project

A team is a group of people, who may be associated with more than one
project, while a project is a specific codebase with its bzr branches,
bug database, etc.  Some of the teams in launchpad, for example, deal
with many projects they don't actually develop, such as:

https://launchpad.net/~motu

This is the 'masters of the universe' team, which covers all
universe/multiverse packages in ubuntu, even though they don't
actually *develop* them.

In our case, we have a simple team<->project correspondence, but
launchpad doesn't require that to be the case.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.