[IPython-user] gtk.main_iteration() blocks ipython

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Apr 9 03:50:24 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Pieter Cristiaan de Groot

>  At this point the gui is not responding anymore, but the ipython shell
>  usable. When I run the gtk.main_iteration() a second time the ipython
>  shell blocks (just as before), but the gui is completely usable. Which
>  is probably what you expect in non-threaded mode.

This seems to suggest that gtk.main_iteration() does return at all
(which is weird, considering the API docs). Did you try with
gt.main_iteration(block = False)?